City of Tonawanda Recreation Department
Skip to nav
If you are interested in registering for our 2022 – 2023 After School Program we ask that you complete the registration form online at after reading the below information to ensure this program is right for you and your family.
Our After School Program is located at 35 Main Street in the City of Tonawanda. We open our ASP at 2:45 and we close at 5:30pm Monday-Friday. We also use this facility for several Recreational happenings throughout the year! We offer Our Full Day and Half Day Camp programs as well on select days for residents of the City of Tonawanda on a pre-registration basis only. If we do not have at least 10 children signed up 1 week prior to the date, we cannot offer the camp. There are additional openings on a first come first serve basis.
The cost of our After School Program is $250/semester (our semesters run September-January, February-June). We ask that families have the first semester paid in full by Friday, October 14th and the second semester paid in full by Friday, February 17th. If you need to set up a payment schedule that works best for your family we are willing to provide accommodations we just ask that you inform us of this need so we are made aware.
The staff of our After School Program hopes that your children enjoy their time with us. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To give youth the opportunity to complete their homework, with staff help if needed, so they may enjoy other activities in the evening and free up family time.
- To give youth a supervised after school activity.
Rules and Info about the Program:
- Each child will be assigned hook/area for them to keep their bags and coats.
- Everyone must complete their homework before participating in other activities. If they do not have homework, they must complete 20 minutes of reading.
- Computer and video game time is limited to 20 minutes per participant per day.
- Please note that in good weather we take the kids outside to play. Please make sure your child has appropriate clothing for the weather.
- We expect that all participants will respect and listen to all staff members.
- Please do not send your children to the After School Program if they have been out sick that same day from school.
- The After School Program does not start until 2:45pm (we will be open by 2:00pm on Friday, October 7th for the scheduled emergency drill/early dismissal). Please do not send your children here before 2:45pm on normal school days.
- All children must be picked up by 5:30pm. A $10.00 late fee will be charged from 5:31-5:45 and will continue in $10.00 increments for each additional 15 minutes or less that you are late in picking up your child. If this becomes a reoccurring problem, your child may be removed from the program.
- Please also note that we are NOT open on Emergency School Closing Days (i.e.; snow days when schools are closed).
- Our After School Program is supplied with Wi-Fi, pencils, pens, paper, crayons, and many other materials that may be needed for homework or school projects.
If Rules Are Broken:
- If rules are broken any of the following things may happen-
- Child may receive a time-out
- Child may lose privileges (computer & video game time and/or snack)
- Parents may be called to pick up their child if child is unwilling to listen